Magazine or Clip


According to John Ross via email “if an ammunition feeding device has a spring in it, it’s a magazine.  If not, it’s a clip :)” Which is an interesting one I hadn’t heard before.

Probably we can use them interchangeably and everyone will understand what we mean. Of course I’m now only going to use magazine because I don’t have anything without a spring in it.