Found this after reading an article on the Walther P22 – which I am seriously considering buying to teach the boys to shoot – on blogonomicon. Look up your birthday in Wikipedia and list 3 neat facts, 2 Births and 1 death.
BTW to look up your date got to the URL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ and your month, underscore, your day. So for me it was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_14.
3 Neat Facts:
1514 – Pope Leo X issues a papal bull against slavery.
1784 – American Revolutionary War: The United States ratifies a peace treaty with England.
1993 – David Letterman announces he is moving his television talk show from NBC to CBS.
1875 – Albert Schweitzer, Alsatian physician, missionary, and musician, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1965)
1963 – Steven Soderbergh, American director
1984 – Ray Kroc, American fast food entrepreneur (b. 1902)
Ever the glutton for personality tests – is introspective on the test? – I followed Shelli’s lead and signed up for my own Johari Window. It’s a test where you pick words to describe yourself and then have others use words to describe you too.
Not normally a quiz person but Shelli did this one and the output doesn’t look too cheese for my website.
You’re a naturally smart person. Your intelligence comes to you naturally, rather than from instruction – and you are better with applied or more real-world things… which comes in handy, here in the real world.
Didn’t like the last question. I don’t think 1 nuclear bomb (or a 100) would destroy the world, nor Global Warming. Both would cause changes but not the end of the world. I picked the bomb in the end.
I went back and changed just that answer. Here’s what Global Warming gets you:
As a socially smart person, you are best with others in real-life situations. This type of intelligence is closely linked to being ‘street smart.’ Theories and such are not much concern: the things that matter tend to be those which you can see, feel, touch – what you can really experience. This knowledge comes to you both out of a natural knowledge, as well as learning from the situations you find yourself in.
Batty suggested this one, though she wanted you to do it with 100 songs, I’m only going to use 30.
Bold the ones you like.
Underline your favorite (from this list).
Strike through the songs you loathe.
Italicize the ones you can’t remember.
Leave it untagged if you’re without an opinion.
1. Every Breath You Take, Police 2. Billie Jean, Michael Jackson
3. Flashdance… What A Feelin, Irene Cara
4. Down Under, Men At Work 5. Beat It, Michael Jackson
6. Total Eclipse Of The Heart, Bonnie Tyler
7. Maneater, Daryl Hall and John Oates 8. Baby Come To Me, Patti Austin and James Ingram
9. Maniac, Michael Sembello 10. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This), Eurythmics 11. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me, Culture Club 12. You And I, Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle
13. Come On Eileen, Dexy’s Midnight Runners 14. Shame On The Moon, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band
15. She Works Hard For The Money, Donna Summer
16. Never Gonna Let You Go, Sergio Mendes 17. Hungry Like The Wolf, Duran Duran
18. Let’s Dance, David Bowie
19. Twilight Zone, Golden Earring
20. I Know There’s Something Going On, Frida 21. Jeopardy, Greg Kihn Band
22. Electric Avenue, Eddy Grant 23. She Blinded Me With Science, Thomas Dolby
24. Africa, Toto 25. Little Red Corvette, Prince
26. Back On The Chain Gang, Pretenders 27. Up Where We Belong, Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes 28. Mr. Roboto, Styx 29. You Are, Lionel Richie
30. Der Kommissar, After The Fire
First it was Shelli, then Batty, so I knew it had to be real cool.
1.When you look at yourself in the mirror, what’s the first thing you look at?
2. How much cash do you have on you right now?
$1, but I’ll get some more at lunch.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with “TEST”?
4. Favourite plant?
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your mobile?
I only have 3 calls in my missed call list.
6. What is your main ring tone on your phone?
Its called “Later” don’t ask me why.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
White beach shirt I bought in Playa Del Carmen at the end of BOTB2 when I was out of clothes.
8. Do you “label” yourself?
Computer guy, most of the time. It starts getting to deep and introspective after that.
9. Name brand of your shoes currently wearing?
Asics, my old running shoes that are florescent yellow.
10. Do you prefer a bright or dark room?
11. What did you have for breakfast?
Cold pizza and Dr. Pepper. Which is about my favorite breakfast.
12. Since question 12 is weirdly missing, make some shit up.
PENIS!!!! Because Shelli said it and whenever she does that I can’t get it out of my head for awhile. And associated for some strange reason “Those Wacky Japanese”.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
14. What did your last text message you received on your mobile phone say?
I’ve never gotten a text message on my phone.
15. Do you ever click on “Pop Ups” or Banners?
Popups never. Banners if they are creative.
16. What’s an expression that you say a lot?
“Yeaahh, I’m going to have to ask you to come in this weekend.”
17. Who told you they loved you last?
The Mrs, both in words and action.
18. Last furry thing you touched?
19. How many hours a week do you work?
40 for Alsoft, 5-10 for me.
20. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
None, I’m all digital. But I still need to process over 100 cosplay images and 135 images of Christie from Monday night.
21. Favourite age you have been so far?
23, but I didn’t know it at the time.
22. Your worst enemy?
Apathy and distraction. Batty’s answer was inspiration.
23. What is your current desk top picture?
Pinup image of Shelli I shot.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
“And we want that done by the end of the weekend” In Office Space voice about learning Japanese.
25. If you had to choose between a million dollars or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose?
Well some of my mistakes were not investing in some companies that would have made me rich. So I’d go back in time, but not change as much as you’d think.