What this does is read a file that contains URLs, assumably referring URLs, and generates the HTML. I am currently using the lgf script above to generate the file. I’ll be working on one of my own soon.
The original script called a method that gave back the referrer keywords. It used a big array hard coded into the script to do the matching. I hate hardcoded data, so I wanted to get this stuff in to a file. Also it had data that gave you the name of the search engine which I thought was cool and that I’d like to display, but the script didn’t return this information.
So I rewrote the whole thing. I moved the data into its own file and read it in to create the array. Then I use pretty much the same code to figure out the keywords, but return the search engine name along with the keywords.
One thing to notice is I rearranged the search engine list in the file so Google and Yahoo are at the top. I did this because they are the ones I get the most hits from and the search of the array will be done sooner.